One Woman and Her Dog – working with brands and desk organisation.

Over the weekend I got drawn into the worlds of some 20 something You Tubers thanks to this post by Hannah at A New Addition. Strangely compelling viewing even though they don’t really do much. Β In my husband’s words the secret is you need to be ‘young and hot’ to be this compelling.

So with both of these things on my side, (well maybe not youth), on Monday I thought I would have a go, how hard can it be? Introducing One Woman and her Dog.

I’ve made it informative too, so in this episode you can hear Becky Goddard Hill’s blogging and working with brands tips, fresh from her presentation at Blog Camp and you can see how I solved the messy desk problem. You can even meet Max the greyhound.

Please take a minute to subscribe to my You Tube channel, just a click and it doesn’t bombard you with emails.

What do you think about Becky’s tips, they have made me think about how I work!

Are you a piler or a filer?

1. 02/05/2014 / 7:45 am

Oh Penny I love your video.Max is clearly the star of this show but I had a lovely time watchingyour day and will remember your advice don’t be a filer be a piler!

2. 02/05/2014 / 7:47 am

Brilliant! And doesn’t our Becky know her stuff. Your desk is looking great too. Really must tidy mine. Job for today! πŸ™‚ looking forward to more videos Penny xx

3. 02/05/2014 / 10:32 am

Lovely video and great to have a little insight into your day! Your desk looks super swish! I really need to find a desk first! I tend to plonk myself and my laptop anywhere and everywhere! X

4. 02/05/2014 / 12:13 pm

Love this, love Max, love Becky’s tips as that doubled up with something else at Blog Camp so missed it! I think it was yours actually!!! Nice tidy desk, *looks at own and know I am already a piler, may need a few boxes! x x

5. 02/05/2014 / 12:29 pm

Becky is a total natural in front of the camera! Great tips too

6. 02/05/2014 / 12:45 pm

I loved watching this! So lovely to see you and Becky and such good tips! I really need some video advice now though please – I’ve totally failed to put music on my vid today because when I published YouTube had zapped my main audio and I only had music! Maddening. I want to know how to put it on in places like you have and I love your funky graphics – I don’t want much, do I?!

7. 02/05/2014 / 4:22 pm

Totally a piler and it’s great that I can now say that experts say it’s much more effective than putting everything in folders or a filing cabinet – yes, I’ve heard people really use them!

Loved this video. I could listen to you guys all day. You’ve got such relaxing voices πŸ™‚

8. 02/05/2014 / 4:38 pm

Lovely post and video of course. You are a great vlogger
    And I agree with Helen , Becky is so natural in front of the camera! And thank you for the tips.Been blogging for almost 4 years now and didn’t actually write down all my contacts. Silly me!

Good luck with BIBS2014

PS: What camera are you using to film yourself with?

9. 02/05/2014 / 6:35 pm

Fantastic video, and so watchable, Becky is brilliant, and offers brilliant tips – loving your dog!

10. 02/05/2014 / 7:19 pm

You are so young and hot! Would it be really weird to ask for a video about how to make a video? I literally have not a clue. You and Becky come across so relaxed and prepared – you are both great presenters and I like that you are both so ‘normal’, feels like I have come on your walk with you and picked up some loo roll! I really need to sort out my desk ;-/

• 03/05/2014 / 9:49 am

i would be interested in that too!

11. 02/05/2014 / 8:31 pm

I love that video Penny! Max is a complete star, Becky is brilliant (and it makes up for missing her presentation at Blog Camp) and I just so completely want to come on a dog walk with you. And as for paperwork – definitely a piler here. Only problem is that there’s so much paperwork that I seem to have many many piles all around the house now!

12. 02/05/2014 / 10:17 pm

What a great video. I am definitely a piler – but used to be a filler in my more time-free-heavy days lol. I love the line with the pegs idea. Great tips from Becky there too.

13. 03/05/2014 / 7:14 am

Love this Penny – always good seeing you on video – you always look so natural x

14. 07/05/2014 / 11:20 pm

How glam – ending the video with bog roll!! haha I loved the video and Becky’s tips – great idea to vlog them! I will pop this post into the May BritMums Video Roundup. Thanks for sharing!
    x

I'd love to know your thoughts!