This is the age of over-sharing, we share pretty much anything with pretty much anyone, but I’ve been reflecting and wondering whether I want to share our holidays. As a travel blogger I happily share our trips on the internet, I don’t mean that, I mean do I want to share my accommodation with other holiday makers while I am away? There are advantages to resorts and hotels of course, but when we have a whole holiday house, that’s when we truly relax as a family. Today I am sharing two of may favourite family holiday breakfasts, reflecting on sharing on holiday, and giving away a breakfast hamper thanks to HomeAway.
The morning Petit Déjeuner ritual had to be one of my favourite parts of our recent holiday in France. Flip flops on, padding through the dewy grass, as the sun began to warm up over the lake, off to buy a baguette and French pastries and crepes, a jar of nutella, fresh apricots and juicy nectarines. All eaten together in the morning sunshine as we slowly embraced another day away. There was a huge sense of pride at returning to our holiday home with these still warm beauties…an almost primitive sense of providing the best for my loved ones.
Part of the joy of travelling for me is gathering local treats and living like the locals. Holiday breakfast is especially good when eaten alfresco, but not always, I have happy memories of local eggs and bread bought in the deli next door to our cottage in Norfolk and turned into the most glorious boiled eggs and soldiers as the wind whooshed outside and we prepared for a bracing walk along endless swathes of sand.
A slow and lazy breakfast has to be one of my holiday highlights, a clear signal you are breaking with routine. Don’t get me wrong, I love a buffet, especially on sightseeing trips or short breaks. But self catering means no filling in a breakfast form the night before, no forcing everyone out of bed, no having to get dressed and look respectable, no waiting in line surrounded by hangry people, no worrying your kids are showing you up, no kids leaping up like yo yos to fill another bowl or plate from the buffet, no food waste – is it just mine who help themselves to everything, only to actually manage to eat a spoonful of Rice Krispies and nibble a croissant? No missing breakfast because you overslept and complete control over what is and isn’t on the menu.
It is National Breakfast Week, and Britmums and HomeAway have come together to celebrate the joy of the holiday morning feast. I have a gorgeous breakfast hamper to giveaway to one lucky reader who comments on this post.
HomeAway list over a million holiday properties to rent all over the world, but, like a good breakfast, you only share the property with your nearest and dearest. From New York to Dorset, from Tenerife to the Alps, HomeAway connects you with holiday home owners around the world and provides a secure booking system, and holiday rental insurance for a small extra fee. A whole holiday, a whole breakfast, no sharing.
Do you like to share on holiday?
HOW TO TAKE PART AND ENTER THE GIVEAWAY
Here are some prize draw Terms and Conditions you should know about:
- This HomeAway prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. It is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), excluding employees and their families of the Promoter, its associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies and agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Participants must be 18 years or over.
- Participants enter by leaving a comment on the giveaway post on the ParentShaped blog. Participants must state their best holiday breakfast experience in the comment section on the post (link).
- One winner will be chosen from the above entries via random drawing using random.org. The winner will receive a luxury HomeAway breakfast hamper.
- All comments as per above will automatically be entered into the draw. It is a condition of entry that all comments are subject to the terms and conditions. Submission of a comment will be taken to mean acceptance of the rules and terms and conditions.
- All entries must be received by Sunday 31 January 2016 at 23.59 GMT.
- The winner will be chosen at random from users who post an eligible comment on the blog post.
- The winner will be notified via the email address they leave on the blog comment. They have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize after being notified, after which time the prize will be considered unclaimed and will be re-assigned using a random selection method. The winner will be published on the original giveaway blog post here (LINK).
- Prizes are administered separately from ParentShaped. ParentShaped, its partners and agents cannot be held responsible for problems related to fulfillment of prizes including non-delivery or substitution due to original prize being unavailable.
- The Promoter may vary or amend the promotion at its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter is HomeAway UK Ltd with its registered office at Portland House Bressenden Place London SW1E 5BH
- Content/entires may be used in promotional materials for ParentShaped and HomeAway published on the ParentShaped and HomeAway networks, used on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and other social media platforms and/or published in the ParentShaped and HomeAway sites. Participation will be taken as agreement for use of material in this way.
- Events may occur that render the giveaway itself or the awarding of a prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
This is a sponsored post with BritMums and HomeAway
More competitions at www.theprizefinder.com