Do you give your kids holiday spending money?
When I was little my Grandparents used to give me holiday money. I remember that feeling of having a crisp note in my purse and the excitement of wondering what I would find to spend it on. Once I lost my purse in Denmark and was nearly in tears at the thought of losing all my spends. Luckily someone handed it in and I was reunited.
My school friend had bought me a fan back from her holiday to Spain and boasted about how it only cost the equivalent of a pound, I desperately wanted to find presents for my friends, but my parents had a Scandinavian obsession at the time, Denmark was so expensive. Norwegian sweets were salty and I spat most of them out as we walked along the streets of Oslo.
I find giving the kids money on holiday makes them more aware that money isn’t infinite and teaches them some valuable budgeting lessons! I love how creative mine are with their budget and the little make believe games that arise over dinner between all kinds of crazy objects they buy – statues of Greek gods, tortoises, miniature donkeys…
My son bought a chess set in Greece and learnt to play by the pool…
I’m so excited about our upcoming holiday to Greece this summer and can’t wait to bring some little treats home and see what the kids find to spend their holiday money on. We still use these little bowls from Lindos, Rhodes every day. There’s rarely much left after paying for a summer holiday, but I love to bring back something that will bring some summer cheer to everyday life back at home.
So with all this in mind, I got together with some of my family travel blogging buddies and thought about a little giveaway that might help. We have £100 cash to giveaway to one lucky blog reader of either Mini Travellers, Extraordinary Chaos, Like Love Do or Parentshaped.
You’ll recognise Karen from Mini Travellers from my ski trip to Morzine last year with TG Ski, as well as our Tuscan villa stay with Bookings for You where I also spent time with Sarah from Extraordinary Chaos and Donna from Like Love Do.
If you aren’t already following the other blogs on social media then please do, it will give you more entries to the competition but they are also all full of travel and life inspiration.
All you need to do is enter via the Rafflecopter entry form below. The more times you enter the more chances you have to win the £100 cash!
Good luck to all!
Terms and Conditions
This competition is open to residents of the UK.
• All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter widget means that the entrant is willing to be added to both Promoters mailing list. Upon receipt of any correspondence from these companies, the entrant will be free to unsubscribe at any time.
• All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
• All prizes are non-transferable and there is no alternative.
• Winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
• The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
• By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
• Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
• Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
• Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
• The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.